LicenseSpring Fulfillment Installation Instructions
Before You Start
These instructions assume the following:
- Your store is already setup for taking orders (e.g. you have configured Shopify Payments or another payment processor.
- You have an existing account with LicenseSpring.
- You have installed the LicenseSpring Fulfillment app into your store.
STEP 1 – Choose a Billing Plan
- In Shopify Admin for your test store, navigate to 'Apps', then select 'LicenseSpring Fulfillment'
- You will be presented with the 'Settings' page. You will see that no billing plan is selected:
- Select any available Billing Plan.
STEP 2 – Add LicenseSpring Keys
Now we need to enter our LicenseSpring Keys. You can find these in your LicenseSpring dashboard under ‘Account Settings’:
- Next to each item is a ‘copy’ button – you can click that button to copy the value. Then you navigate to the LicenseSpring Fulfillment Settings Page and paste the values into the LicenseSpring Keys section:
- When you have pasted (or entered) your keys, click 'Save changes'. You will see a check mark next to the keys, indicating they were saved successfully.
STEP 3 – Configure Your Product(s)
You must now configure your product(s) for fulfillment.
- Navigate to any Product in your store using Shopify Admin.
- Under the 'Inventory' section, enter (or select) the following values:
- Inventory managed by: LicenseSpring Fulfillment
- SKU: <your product’s short code from LicenseSpring>
- Track quantity: <leave unchecked>
See below for example:
*NOTE: If you are using Variants, the ‘Inventory’ section is on each Variant page, rather than on the Product page.
*IMPORTANT: If you do not know where your ‘Product Short Code’ is, login to your LicenseSpring Dashboard and look for the following:
- Under the section for ‘Shipping’, be sure to uncheck the option ‘This is a physical product’:
STEP 4 – Configure Checkout
We will setup the store for automatic fulfillment.
- In Shopify Admin, navigate to 'Settings -> Checkout'.
- In the section 'Order processing', under 'After an order has been paid', select 'Automatically fulfill the order's line items'.
STEP 5 – Enter a Test Order
Now we will enter a test order to test the fulfillment process.
- Navigate to your external customer-facing Online Store.
- Add the product you configured in STEP 3 to your cart. Select at least quantity of 1.
- Complete the checkout process using an email address of your choice.
STEP 6 - Fulfillment
We can now watch the app complete the fulfillment.
- In Shopify Admin, navigate to 'Orders' and click on the order you just entered.
- In the 'Timeline' section, you should see the following occur within 5-10 minutes:
- In addition, the item should be marked as Fulfilled, and there should be a Tracking Number, which is the license key that was generated by LicenseSpring: